Show Us Your Life--Your Ministry


Today, over at Kelly's Korner, we are being asked to show a blog that is a non-profit or charity. 

I don't really consider this project a non-profit or a charity so much.  I make no money on this little project (which means we're "not making a profit").  We also waiver on being called a "charity" because we don't collect donations (though many have asked to donate materials, no one has ever done it, nor have I ever asked for donations).  

I believe that we sort of fall into more of a ministry.  Here's the thing: about a year or so ago, I had no idea that my little ol' card blog was a ministry. Once and English teacher, always an English teacher. So, I did what I do best--I used the dictionary. Because honestly, I assumed that a ministry involved a big brick building, steeple with a cross on top, green hymnal books and some coffee cake in the fellowship hall. 

In other words, in my mind.... ministry = church.

I don't run a church.
I'm certainly not a pastor.
I don't even a play a pastor on this blog.

But what I am doing, apparently falls smack dab in the definition of ministry. Thank you American Heritage Dictionary for clarifying that for me.

How does this blog minister to others?

I make cards and send them to people who are fighting cancer.
Any kind of cancer.
Stage 1 or Stage 4.
Newly diagnosed or battling for years.

Doesn't matter.
Want to read our history? Click here to read how we got started.

I, along with a few of my friends, get e-mails from people who ask us to send a card to their friend. That card is handmade and on the inside is a genuine, handwritten, heartfelt note, written by us. That note simply encourages those who are fighting cancer to keep fighting. We tell them that we think about them and pray for them. The notes in our cards are always uplifting and always light hearted.

Our goal for this project is simple: lift the spirits of those fighting cancer--one card at a time.

If you know someone who would benefit from a card, we'd love to send them one! All you need to do is visit our website at www.cardsbyamysangels.com and click the link at the top of the page to request a card.

Please do not leave card requests in the comments box. Addresses and privacy are very important to us--please visit our website to request a card.

**if you're not comfortable sharing your friend's address, that's OK. We're happy to write the card and mail it to you so that you can deliver it!

Thank you for stopping by--and be sure to pass along our site to those who may benefit from it!